Unreal Version 221 Release Notes
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed new problem in 220 where users who had performed a partial install of Unreal (with
maps kept on the CD) didn't see any maps listed in the Deathmatch/BotMatch menus.
- "FOV #" command now takes effect permanently.
- Minigun and stinger sounds are now properly replicated to all clients.
- Botmatch skill bug in 220 fixed.
- Lookspring fixed.
- Kevlar vest pickup sound and dead guy in Vortex Rikers sound fixed.
- Bubbles now float properly on clients.
- Fixed projectiles not appearing on client side because local player ran into them.
- Carcasses are now simulated for smoother death animations, and all the nali and skaarj
gibs are properly replicated.
- Fixed bug where quick taps of fire button didn't register in network games.
- Slightly reduced damage multiplier in Hardcore mode (150% instead of 170%), and rocket
damage radius in Classic mode is back to the old value.
- Fixed razorjack sound crash problem with 3D sound.
- Fixed problem where the editor light torches were showing up in some levels in network
- Fixed client prediction going through portals.
- Fixed menu bar disappearing when switching from Glide to the software renderer.
- Fixed potential crash while taking screenshots on 3dfx.
- Fixed remote administration (didn't accept password).
- Fixed administrator "Kick <playername>" crash.
- Fixed dedicated server potential crash when player limit is reached.
- Added "userini=<inifilename>" command-line parameter to set user
- Fixed "Unreal -make" lockup with class names over 32 characters.
- The new keyword "native" is now synonymous with "intrinsic", and the
Unreal 1 scripts have been updated to reflect this.
- In network play, on the client side, static functions are always called locally and
never sent across the network, regardless of the calling actor's replication statements.
- Fixed compiler logic error which caused bool variables within structs to appear to
always be zero.
- Removing "abstract" keyword from a class and recompiling now works.
- Player classes with no mesh no longer hard-coded to use name "Spectator" in
mesh menu. Instead, the pawn MenuName attribute is used as the string representation
for all playerpawn classes.
- Reduced virtual memory usage (was unreasonably high).
- Progress window is now updated as the patch installs.
- New standalone installer.
- Changed "INTRINSIC" macro to "DECLARE_FUNCTION", and
"AUTOREGISTER_INTRINSIC" to "IMPLEMENT_FUNCTION" (to follow the
convention set by DECLARE_CLASS and IMPLEMENT_CLASS).
- Changed all occurances of "intrinsic" to "native" (moving toward the