Joined: 24 Jan 2004
Location: Middelburg, The Netherlands
|Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:11 pm Post subject: General forum rules
- Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting.
- Members should post in well constructed English. Please check for spelling and typo's before you post, use correct capitalization, and end sentences correctly with the right punctuation.
- Before you post something or ask a question, use the search function to find out if it has not already been posted or asked before. It's quite annoying to see the same questions being asked over and over again.
- Please don't post things that are off-topic. If your message has nothing to do with the Unreal universe or the Unreal community and related matters, don't post it here.
- Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated.
- Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT (Type in all capitals) or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "My server crashes after installing MyMod2", "Why can't I replace monsters with WMutate?", etc.
- Commercial advertising and other spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance.
- The moderators reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
- Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who consistenly "act" as moderators may be warned.
- I also want to ask you to use your common sense. I cannot write a rule for every condition, so please think before you post something and think about how it will be received by the reader.
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging.
- The forum administation has the right to ban users for bad behaviour and/or not complying to these rules.
- Signatures may contain up to five lines (one line being that displayed on a browser opened to 800px width) of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image, valid combinations include; a single image of no more than 60px high, 468px wide and 6kB (6000 Bytes) in size. Signatures containing an image this large may also include one line of small size text. Signatures containing an image of 30px high may include up to three lines of small size text or two lines of normal size text. Images of 15px height or less may allow up to three lines of normal size text or four lines of small size text. Animated images are not allowed.
- Text sizes should be between 9 and 12 (small and normal). Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, emoticons, and so forth.
- Users are permitted to link to an avatar at their own webspace. User defined avatars may not be too large, they should not interfere with the board lay-out, contain no image which attempts to portray the user as having an official status here (e.g. mimiking ranks or copying avatars of team members) and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth.
- Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
Alter your reality...forever.
Hyper.nl Unreal Services